Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

I Wrote This For You

Guess you found yourself there, again.

But, you're a lovely paperdoll
Many girls, all joint as one
And all of them, joint by the head.
Paperdoll, I'm sorry, I really am
I should have known not to
Blow on you, and tear you apart
When all I was trying to do
Was to make you fly, soar like a kite
Paperdoll, I'm sorry, I really am
For the huge gashes that I made
When I was trying to make you into that kite.
Paperdoll, I'm sorry, I really am
I should have known that paper rings
And unsaid little verses are what kept you
Looking at me, while I could give you none.

But don't you worry, paperdoll,
I assure you this ain't the end.
I never tainted you with my paint hose
Or drew faces with my marker.
Paperdoll, I never cut you according to my wish,
Paperdoll, you're still etched upon that paper.
Just a beautiful little girl, with the flaring skirt.

And paperdoll, believe you me, no more gray skies
Because I won't be there again to pull you to my side.
Paperdoll, you can be fragile again, you can like the rains again.
You can like the little movies, the gestures and tell 'em
"You are romantic, thank you", again.

Paperdoll, he'll come around, he'll see your heads attached.
And paperdoll, he'll wind you in a beautiful string
And paperdoll, he'll put a cardboard so the wind doesn't
Tear you up again.
And paperdoll, you'll fly that day in the blue-white skies
And paperdoll, if possible, know I'll be sitting here
Crying out blood through my eyes.
But paperdoll, don't you worry, because
The blood won't fall on you.
Because Paperdoll, "Over. And out."
That's who I am to you.

So lovely paperdoll, for you this ocassion is to rejoice.
And paperdoll, if possible, remember me as someone nice.
Because paperdoll, whatever you think, with your joint heads,
Paperdoll, I loved you so, you lie on my table, pure, book-pressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment