Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Canopies of Conversation

And as little silences
Transform into tongued words,
Each having meaning-
And we sit under these self-made
Canopies of conversation
Shielding ourselves from
The glare of the angry sun-
The heat of judgement, and the
Agony of burning pains
Promise me but one thing
That come each night,
When the soft breeze slowly
Tickles past your open hair
And breathes freedom into them
You will have my fingers
To bind them with- and each time
The placid moon slowly crawls
Past the leafy green branches-
Promise me, you'll let me look
At your deep eyes, and sing you
Of my love- and each time we part
With leaden hearts, drowning eyes and
The twinkling stars guide you home
Promise me that you will never-
Think of me, for you can't hook your boat
To mine, because I'll sink us both
Into the ocean of silences, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment