Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

The Curtain of Silk

It rained a lot last night
and this water that has flowed
into the gutter
might have been the tears
that filled my eyes, unshed
that then the dark sky cried
at how things have now changed
between the two of us
I hid from it my eyes
It must have caused death
The rain falling - a drop
the last one sliding from the roof
It broke my heart in two
as it smashed itself into tiny droplets
on the pavement

I do not know what's left
It must have been my fault
but I am sure it is not
the rain that ran into
the bowels of the earth
That last raindrop
falling on the ground
The snow-globe that shattered
that had falling snow in it
and figure-skaters small -
It must have been my fault

And it must have been
when I bent down
to remove the lint from your skirt
and saw the burrs from the grass
attached to its silk
that this curtain fell
of silence, between us
smooth as silk
rough as parchment

I must pause now
for I cannot see anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment