Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Meaninglessly

Your birthday came and went.
I couldn't wish you- after our skies
Split into two, mine was full of rain-
And unrelenting mists that reduced vision
To touch- Touch to a frosty sensation.
I could never know what your skies were like.
I still breathe- in that misty masquerade
And trudge along- meaninglessly
Just to maybe catch a glimpse of you somewhere.
So why remember you today?
Why would you feature in the endless conversations
That I have with my shadows- growing and diminshing
In the faint starlight- in the rare event
When it does not rain- I look for your skies
But my own starlight-seldom seen- Blinds me
Consequently, I see not you, but a blur
Of shapes and silhouettes- or maybe it is because
The rain initiates inside, and seeps little by little
Through my eyes- Briny, trudging along-
Meaninglessly.

I am packing your present- that I could not
Give you for two years- In the grotesque mismanagement
Of Fate- if I chance upon meeting you-
And I remember to breathe- I will give it to you.
I will bequeath myself to you- if I can find myself.
And somewhere in those torrential rains
I'll set out- To join our skies and sew them together again.
I'll trudge along- meaninglessly.
Walking short paths and long- just as
The lines in this pretentious psalm.
Do not worry though- I will not speak.
I lost my voice in the darkness years ago.
The eyes communicate- when they do not rain
Meaninglessly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment